AirCross 2 Frequently Asked Questions
Updated: 9/25/2019 (this is an ongoing post that will be updated frequenlty, check the date)
Current firmware version: 0.3.5
Please search the group before posting, on mobile phones, on top of fb screen you can search. On desktop it is located on the left side
All accessories now available at https://store.gudsen.com/products/moza-aircross-2
- If you have questions concerning your order or sales, please email [email protected]
- TECH Support email is [email protected]
- If you block an admin, expect not to be treated fairly.
- If questions were asked before, it will not be approved for posting.
Go to Gudsen.com to download the latest Maza Master Software and use that to install the latest firmware. Download page: https://www.gudsen.com/moza-aircross-2-downloads
If you updated the AirCross 2 firmware, you need to also do it to the iFocus or the iFocus-M as well as the Hand Unit (as of above date, the Hand Unit's firmware is yet available).
How to Balance: (below links can be used for other cameras as well, it is a walkthrough)
- With GH5 : https://youtu.be/5Ce-jfslTZA
(you do not need counter weights)
- With BMPCC 4K, full or half cage, SSD mount/drive https://youtu.be/5AgaGJlqdmE
(you need counter weights)
For those using full/half cages with the bmpcc4k and ssd drive, you will need counter weights at bottom of the l-bracket (the l space area can be used to attach weights)
Counter Weights: currently Gudsen do not have it available for sale, but you can any type with ¼” screw via online retail stores or ebay…
Some non-Gudsen counterweights: (you may need two or three)
- SmallRig https://amzn.to/2mDSaRE
- NicelyRig https://amzn.to/2lsVgb7
Other Gudsen's tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/cha
NOTE ABOUT BALANCING:
Balancing can be an issue and it takes time to get it right. If you have balanced gimbals before, AirCross 2 balancing is a bit different as the roll axis now have 2 areas to adjust correctly.
If balancing is done correctly, you can then turn it on and it should work great.
If you are using the LED Balance Check to check if your camera is balanced, make sure to manually check the Pan Axis (it will tell you so as well on the screen), it is because the internal Balance Check do not accurately know about the Pan Axis.
If this is the first time you are using the gimbal, first thing, to check for latest firmware, DO NOT use phone app to update (many reasons: your phone may have other stuff going on that can interrupt the update, etc. and sometimes blutooth signal can get interference...) Best is to use a computer to do the firmware update, make sure to download the latest software via Gudsen's website and run it. Some Mac users having issue with the software, so make sure you tell the computer to allow external software to be installed.
Once firmware update is complete, you can then balance the camera on the gimbal and first thing to do is to Calibrate, by having the camera on the gimbal and leveled, and go into the led menu and do the calibration for both acc/gyro.
What is Auto-Tune:
Auto-tune does is checking to make sure the gimbal have the ideal 'counter' motor information to help balance the camera, but it doesn't help with levels so calibration is needed.
If auto-tune do not work well, then go into the menu setting and adjust camera weight to light or ultra-light and also adjust the filter number, the higher it is the stronger the motors get, usually for lighter camera setup, you would make the filter number between 20-25.
With practice you will get good balance, at first it took Johnny Wu about 45 mins but now he can balance gh5 and/or bmpcc4k within 5 mins.
- camera tilts to the left/right/up/down when first turning it on. Do a calibration with the camera leveled on the gimbal (see above instruction)
- Camera is front heavy. adjust the plate or may need to add counter weights on the L-Bracket L shape part.
- iFocus-M is not working. Update the firware to the latest.
- Battery is not lasting as described. Make sure to let it charge more than 2-3 hours the first time when you receive it. It will help condition the battery
- I have other quick release plates I want to use, how can I attach it? Attach it between the camera and the L-Bracket, not below the L-Bracket. so you can easily take the camera off the gimbal and use it on your tripod.
- How can I attach the AirCross 2 15mm Rail Road Support System Kit (the additional accessories). Under the L-Bracket
- Gimbal vibrates when tilt to side or underslug mode. Most likely is balancing issue or check the 3 axises lock button, make sure they are unlock. And check the camera profile, change it to light or ultra-light as well as may need to adjust the filter setting.
- I did't receive the free phone holder. Gudsen is shipping those separately. Contact sales directly.
- Is my camera supported? Check the website for camera compatibility list, most should be able to do stop/start recording. You may also need to go into AirCorss 2 menu setting to select the right option as well as your camera.